Table of Contents
- Best Hoverboard Brand 2017 Models Reviews
- Best Low Price Hoverboard
- Best Rated & Recommended Hoverboards Brand
- Official Halo Rover Hoverboard – Safety Certified UL 2272 – Halo Bluetooth Speakers – Halo Rover Mobile APP – Free Carry Case – LG FireSafe Battery – Halo 8.5 Inch Non Flat Tires
- Segway One S1 | One Wheel Self Balancing Personal Transporter with Mobile App Control
- Segway miniPRO Smart Self Balancing Personal Transporter with Mobile App Control
- Skque Self Balancing Scooter (MAX 220 lbs), Skque 6.5″ I1 UL2272 Hoverboard Smart Two Wheel Self Balancing Electric Scooter and LED Lights
- Best Mid Priced Hoverboards
- Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-Balancing Smart Scooter
- SagaPlay F1 Self Balancing Scooter Motorized 2 Wheel Self Hover Balance Board [CSA/UL2272 Certified] All-Terrain Tires Personal Hover Transporter for Kids and Young Adults [Model: F1, Series N20]
- Chic Eyourlife UL 2272 Certified Hoverboard for Kids and Adults – 6.5″ Electric Self Balancing Scooter (MAX 220 lbs),Battery Power-off Protection,LED Lights for Safety
- Best Self Balancing Hoverboards
- EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover Self-Balance Board – UL2272 Certified, All-Terrain 8.5” Alloy Wheel, 400W Dual-Motor, LG Smart Battery, Hover Through Tough Road Condition [Classic Series]
- EPIKGO Premier Series Hover Self Balancing Board Scooter w/ Bluetooth Speaker 8.5″ All-Weather Tire Hover Through Tough Road Condition [Premier Series, Model: EL-ES03R]
- What is the Best Brand of Hoverboards
A hoverboard or any self-balancing scooter is very different from a bike. It’s more like a toy and is meant to have fun and travel short distances. It has a various sensor which helps it to automatically balance so that you don’t fall, unlike in the case of a bike where you do all the balancing. It is great for anyone from a teenager to a 50-year-old who is looking to have some fun or some simple means of transport to short distances.
Best Hoverboard Brand 2017 Models Reviews
Self-balancing scooters and hoverboards are gaining a lot of popularity these days. And it is not without reason. They offer a fun means of transport at not a very high price. So, it’s fairly reasonable that you want one. But with a plethora of options, it might get a little difficult to do your research. Don’t worry. We have got you covered. The following are the best products on the market:
Best Low Price Hoverboard
XtremepowerUS Self Balancing Scooter Hoverboard UL2272 Certified, Bluetooth Speaker and LED Light, Rose Gold
If you are looking for a self-balancing hoverboard; to try and you are not an enthusiast, this should be more than enough for you. It looks decent, has a 350 W hub motor, gets charged in 2-3 hours, and can go to a max speed of 8 mph. The wheels are not great, but good enough if you just wish to try out a hoverboard.
- Has Bluetooth; to play music.
- Changing colors.
- It makes loud noises when it’s working.
- The build quality is not amazing.
Best Rated & Recommended Hoverboards Brand
Official Halo Rover Hoverboard – Safety Certified UL 2272 – Halo Bluetooth Speakers – Halo Rover Mobile APP – Free Carry Case – LG FireSafe Battery – Halo 8.5 Inch Non Flat Tires
If you wanted a hoverboard that looks cool and techy, this is definitely it. And it is packed with loads of features as well. It is UL2272 safety certified, has Bluetooth speakers and a mobile app so you can play music from your smartphone and has a FireSafe battery. The design is especially edgy and the three modes (beginner to advanced) help you learn really quick.
- Bluetooth Speaker and mobile app.
- UL certified and FireSafe batteries.
- 8.5” Indestructible rover tires provide smooth rides on different terrains.
- Comes with a heavy duty carry case.
- The plastic casing which makes it feel cheap even though it doesn’t look so.
Segway One S1 | One Wheel Self Balancing Personal Transporter with Mobile App Control
If aesthetics is what you are looking for, then this one wheel self-balancing personal transporter will definitely catch your attention. It looks really amazing and is sure to catch a few stares. It is certified to UL2272 standards and has a mobile app which gives you access to New Rider Tutorial, firmware updates, allows you to monitor speed and customize lighting patterns. It has a top speed of 12.5mph and allows you to travel 15 miles on one charge.
- Looks amazing. Like something out of a TRON movie.
- UL 2272 certified.
- Good battery life.
- Not very fast.
- Hard learning curve.
Segway miniPRO Smart Self Balancing Personal Transporter with Mobile App Control
This is another amazing product from Segway. And as with most of Segway’s products, this looks fabulous as well. It has a classy look without trying to look ruddy. Better put, if the Halo rover is a Land Rover, then this is a Mercedes, in terms of looks. It comes with anti-theft alarm with its mobile app, the frame is made of aircraft-grade magnesium alloy, has remote control operation and has pneumatic air-filled tires which have military-grade shock absorption capability.
- Automatic headlights.
- A speed limit of 10mph.
- The brakes suddenly slam when you cross 10mph and might cause you to lose balance.
Skque Self Balancing Scooter (MAX 220 lbs), Skque 6.5″ I1 UL2272 Hoverboard Smart Two Wheel Self Balancing Electric Scooter and LED Lights
This is another good option for beginners who wish to see if self-balancing scooters are their thing. Decently priced, and ergonomically designed, most buyers will find it a good enough choice. You have LED lights with this, Bluetooth speakers to play music on the go, and a build quality which is good at this price.
- Bluetooth speaker.
- Strong chassis at this price.
- LED lights.
- It is pretty slow.
Best Mid Priced Hoverboards
Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Self-Balancing Smart Scooter
If your budget is lower and you cannot go as high as $600 and are looking for something within $300, this one is for you. It is value for money with its UL 2272 certification and cool LED light bar and riding modes for training and normal use. It costs $298 and is available in Black, Blue and White variants.
- Not very costly.
- Cool lighting effects.
- Long lasting battery.
- Top speed of only 8mph.
- The rides are not very smooth on bumpy terrains.
SagaPlay F1 Self Balancing Scooter Motorized 2 Wheel Self Hover Balance Board [CSA/UL2272 Certified] All-Terrain Tires Personal Hover Transporter for Kids and Young Adults [Model: F1, Series N20]
This is for those who want to begin their journey with self-balancing hoverboards but wish to try it out of different terrains. This can be used on various terrains because of its solid rubber tires, non-slip foot pedals, and IP56 rated water resistance. The power is less than what many other hoverboards offer (only 250 W) but still good enough for a start. It offers a maximum speed of 10 mph.
- Solid rubber tires.
- IP56 water resistance.
- 15-degree incline climbing capacity.
- Power is lower than most other products.
Chic Eyourlife UL 2272 Certified Hoverboard for Kids and Adults – 6.5″ Electric Self Balancing Scooter (MAX 220 lbs),Battery Power-off Protection,LED Lights for Safety
Even though not insanely popular like some of the products in this list, this device is still a good choice. That is because it can fit in most budgets and is IP54 water resistant. The design is ergonomic, but the max speed is just a pitiful 6.2 mph. However, it runs for 120 minutes after a complete charge and can climb a 15-degree slope.
- 120 minutes run after afull charge.
- IP54 water resistant.
- Decent price.
- The buttons are fragile.
- Build quality is average.
Best Self Balancing Hoverboards
EPIKGO Self Balancing Scooter Hover Self-Balance Board – UL2272 Certified, All-Terrain 8.5” Alloy Wheel, 400W Dual-Motor, LG Smart Battery, Hover Through Tough Road Condition [Classic Series]
EPIKGO is another top manufacturer in the self-balancing hoverboards market. This product is more powerful than most other hoverboards with 400W dual motors. It charges in just 2 hours and lasts over 1 hour. It has more foot space to offer a stable and more controllable ride. The wheels are also bigger and hence it can work on various terrains. This is a very high-class hoverboard.
- 400W dual motors.
- Quick charging.
- Bigger foot space and wheels.
- Can work on various different terrains.
- Board quality is top notch.
- Expensive but you get a great product.
EPIKGO Premier Series Hover Self Balancing Board Scooter w/ Bluetooth Speaker 8.5″ All-Weather Tire Hover Through Tough Road Condition [Premier Series, Model: EL-ES03R]
EPIKGO offers the best hoverboards and if the one above still doesn’t satisfy you, this surely will. It is as good as it gets. Although very similar to the previous one, this one charges just a little faster and has a 10W Bluetooth speaker built-in which offers great quality sound. This premier version is up to 120% faster and longer than the classic version and can climb slopes 30 degrees steep.
- Great power.
- Fast charging.
- Long lasting battery.
- Good speed.
- Build quality is solid.
- Works well on different terrains.
- Cool lights.
- None as such.
What is the Best Brand of Hoverboards
Most of the good hoverboards will be UL 2272 certified, will have Bluetooth speakers, a dedicated mobile app, would charge in about 3 hours, offer a maximum speed of 10mph if not more, be able to offer comfortable rides in bumpy terrains, and have headlights. Some models sacrifice on some features to improve the others, however.
To conclude, it can be safe to say that you should be able to make your choice from this concise list after going through the features. We have gone through customer feedback and listed the pros and cons for you. Hope it helps!