Top 10 Best Star Projector 2018
Do you love the stars, or the ocean, or the Aurora lights?
Are you an astronomy fanatic?
Or do you have a kid who cannot sleep in complete darkness?
Or do you want to create a beautiful ambiance for a get-together or a house party?
If yes, you might be interested in buying yourself a handy star projector.
But which one?
A star projector is a night light, but it not just a night light. It is a device which projects beautiful patterns (such as a starry sky for example) on your wall or ceiling and creates a beautiful illusion of being close to nature.
The Best Star Projectors 2018 List
There are tons of options out there. Fear not. We have compiled a list of the best options and listed out the pros and cons for you. You will definitely find something for yourself or your kids.
The Dreamwave Light Projector will transform your room into a pleasant and calming underwater oasis. This device resembles the deep ocean in a 3-colored effect and counts for a stunning bedtime experience for you and your tiddler. The star projector has a built in speaker in case if you want to plug in your iPod or smartphone and play music as well.
- Built-in speaker.
- Can be powered by batteries and AC both.
- 12 LED bulbs.
- Shuts off after 60 mins.
- Looks cheap.
If a star-filled sky intrigues you and you wish to have a private sky to gaze at whenever you wish to, then this HPI Laser stars Hologram projector is made for you. It is small, light and portable and the lighting it provides are elegant.
- Beautiful lighting effects.
- Around 6 different types of stars are projected.
- Looks premium.
- The bulb is not replaceable.
- Very expensive.
The moon is a very intriguing part of our lives. So many people have been inspired by the moon. This night light projector will project a beautiful lunar landscape in your room and also this model offer a guided tour of the moon via a mesmerizing voice-over. Also, this projector has a remote that comes with pack.
- Shows the different phases of the moon.
- Has a downloadable MP3 which provides a complete guided tour of the moon.
- Remote included.
- Sound effects are screechy.
Not everyone can go to the South Pole to experience the Aurora lights, but this is as close as you will get. This night light device will projects beautiful and very close to realistic Aurora Borealis and nebular lights on your ceiling, or wall, for a completely mesmerizing experience. It has 8 different projection modes to suit your mood.
- Realistic projections.
- 8 different projection modes.
- Built-in speaker and comes with an AUX cable.
- Adjustable display angle – allows a 45-degree tilt.
- Speakers are not loud enough.
This is one of the best star projectors on the market. It projects a mesmerizing 60,000 stars and also has a function which simulates shooting stars. Comes with 2 realistic project discs and has 4 optional discs also available – Southern Hemisphere, Warped Andromeda, Day Earth and Moon, Night Earth and Moon.
- Projects 60,000 stars and has a shooting star function.
- Inbuilt timer, adjustable angle, and focus.
This device is very similar to the SOAIY projector. It also comes with the same realistic Aurora Borealis, has a built-in speaker and AUX cable has 8 different projection modes and is 45-degree adjustable. In fact, the only way this is different is because it comes in a more exciting color – Red.
- Built-in speaker and AUX cable.
- 8 different projection modes.
- Speaker is loud enough for use at night.
- It’s in RED!
- The white light is a little too bright and overshadows the other colors at times.
- The patterns are not very diverse and start to feel repetitive after a while.
If the ocean has always mesmerized you or your kids have a particular affection for the underwater treasures, this is just the right night light projector to have. It lights up your ceiling in a dark turquoise blue shade which closely resembles a tranquil sea. The lights are not harsh and can help your kids sleep easily.
- Built-in speaker.
- Single and multicolor options available.
- Can be powered by batteries and USB both.
- Not very quiet.
- The speaker has some static which makes for the bad listening experience if you wish to listen to high-quality songs.
It’s not just the name, this night light actually looks like a turtle. And this is an exceptionally brilliant design because your kid will love it. Imagine how happy he/she would be to know that there’s a sleeping turtle beside him/her at night which also lights up his/her room? It makes the room a beautiful starry sky and turns off after 45 minutes so you need not worry about turning it off.
- Kid friendly design.
- The turtle glows as well, cycling through Red, Green, and Blue.
- Batteries last long.
- No USB powering option.
- The stars are not very detailed.
This is another very appealing option with remote control and touch sensor keys, which makes it very convenient. It has 12 LEDs and 7 different lighting modes. It has a built-in musicplayerwith a TF card slot. It all adds up to a mesmerizing before-sleep experience.
- Remote control and touch sensors.
- Built-in media player with TF card slot.
- 7 completely different lighting modes.
- A little too bright.
- Does not come with a plug.
The moment you lay your eyes on this product, you will know that this is different from the others. It looks beautiful and is designed for a unique 360-degree experience. You get a timing control (which many of the competitors do not offer for some unknown reason). Also, this model design is really a treat to the eye and is sure to catch a few praising stares. It has both options of power:AC and batteries (4 AAA batteries). And it is one of the quietest products on the market.
- Beautiful design.
- Timing control.
- Both power options available.
- Super quiet.
- Not a lot of customization.
- No built-in speaker.
Do You Need One? And If Yes, Which One?
Ask yourself a few questions, ones we asked you in the beginning. If you find yourself nodding your head yes to any one of the questions, then you probably need one.
And as to which one, it is a very subjective process as if buying any other item for your house. You need to keep your budget and your needs in mind. If you are an astronomy freak, you shouldn’t buy an underwater style projectors or vice versa. We have listed out the best star projector with pros and cons of each and who should buy it. Take your pick!